Welcome to MargueriteLabbe.com

Online home of award-winning M/M author, Marguerite Labbe.

Here you'll find up to date information on new releases, free reads and much more. Follow any of the links above to learn more and feel free to drop me an email or a comment... I love to hear from readers.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Story Picture Monday - Dark Things - Château des Ombres


So I’m looking for pictures of the Château des Ombres. When I originally came up with the idea for the Gothic story it was set in London. It’s been rattling around in the back of my mind for about two years now. Someone on the Nanowrimo forums had made a wallpaper calendar with a creepy, old rambling house. I loved that place and had it on my desktop at work long after the calendar was useful. That’s the house I’d planned on using for my new Dark Things. 


So I’ve been googling images and found a couple that made me go ooohh. But if anybody comes across some that they think are moody I’d love it if you send it my way. I like to do storyboards when I’m working.

The story is going pretty good so far. I hope I can keep up this progress.  I like the darker stone in the first picture and since a fog plays a big part in the story, I love the way this château is shrouded in it. This picture here is lighter, but I like it because there are parts of the château that are covered in ivy, so it definitely goes on the storyboard. As for the last one, it's just atmospheric isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment