Welcome to MargueriteLabbe.com

Online home of award-winning M/M author, Marguerite Labbe.

Here you'll find up to date information on new releases, free reads and much more. Follow any of the links above to learn more and feel free to drop me an email or a comment... I love to hear from readers.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

How Much Good Luck/Dipwadery Can One Kid Have?


My son is a highly intelligent little boy, but sometime his complete lack of common sense combined with the luck of the truly clueless. His guardian angel works overtime and needs a day off. He’s charmed. I don’t know how else to explain it and he’s already shown that big time already in 2013. First there was the Airsoft Rifle incident where he pulled a Ralphie from The Christmas Story. He managed to emerge mostly unscathed except for the small cut on his eyelid and his first black eye. I still shudder when I think about it. At least he has a new respect for the rifle. I told him that the next time I see him without his protective eyewear the damn thing gets tossed. 

And that’s not all.

On Monday we took him out to get sushi to celebrate his wonderful report card. While we were enjoying our salmon rolls and kimchi, our son casually mentions working on the paper for his science fair project. Now we had been asking him for this paper for weeks so we could see what the guidelines were and every time we did he said his teacher hadn’t given it out yet. So we said we wanted to see it when we got home and asked him when it was due. He said that he didn’t know, but that most of his class had already turned it in.

I think my husband and I both headdesked at that. We know our son way to well and no matter what questions we asked, the boy kept dancing around the questions by coming up with even more bizarre experiments that we could do at home. Some were actually kind of interesting, but I wasn’t willing to set up anything until I knew when this thing was due. So my husband knew the boy’s teacher and emailed him.

Come to find out that damned science fair project had been due the WEDNESDAY before and it was worth 1/3 of his 3rd Quarter grade. Luckily, because of the snow days there was an extension and he could do a research report instead of an experiment. I swear I don’t know where the hell he gets his luck. He’s blessed. So freaking blessed.

We told his teacher that it would be in by Friday and that boy worked his tookus off for the rest of the week. He came home, did his homework and then worked on the report until bed time. He presented it Friday and got a good grade on it. He’s still in trouble though. We wouldn’t have been so upset if we hadn’t asked time and time again for information on it. I swear he sometimes goes through life in his own little world. I love him, I really, really do, but we do need to work on some organization for him. And I swear, if it kills me, I’m going to teach him to *think* before he does/says something.

No comments:

Post a Comment