Welcome to MargueriteLabbe.com

Online home of award-winning M/M author, Marguerite Labbe.

Here you'll find up to date information on new releases, free reads and much more. Follow any of the links above to learn more and feel free to drop me an email or a comment... I love to hear from readers.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Belated Update

I'm sorry I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. Work has been very hectic. One of the other legal secretary went off to explore the Maldives. (She has the most amazing adventures. I keep telling her that she needs to write a juicy memoir about all the things that she's done, and she always laughs at me.) But since she was gone, I had my attorneys and her attorneys and they've kept me hopping. Yay for some overtime and extra money, but it certainly wore me out. And when I got home, I tried to cram in what writing and editing I could. So it's been crazy.


But, now that it's calmed down, how about an update? First off, I wrote 10k, in less than two weeks on my Gothic Romance. I almost never write that fast. It's definitely a rough and needs some fleshing out, but I'm happy with what I have so far. I'm also considering changing the title from Dark Things to Mists on the Seine. As soon as my little heart was settled on Dark Things I noticed a promotion for a new book titled Darker Things and that put a damper on things. I don't want to trod on toes. What do you all think?

I also wrote 2k in my baseball novella titled Wild Pitch. Both of those are on hold until I finish the edits I got back from my two lovely beta readers, C.M. Torrens and Adara O'Hare, for the reincarnation story Make Me Whole. I've hit the halfway point and I'm really happy with how it's all coming together. I hope to get another reader in before I finish it off and submit. It's due to Dreamspinner on the 28th of March so we'll see.

This Sunday, I'm doing a book signing at BookNuts in White Plains, MD. It's at 4469 Crain Highway
White Plains, MD 20695, from 11-3. So if you're in the area, stop on by.


I'm also on the quest to lose a little weight this year. Amy DiMartino has been such an inpsiration. And my work is paying for Weight Watchers to come to us for 14 weeks. You can't beat that. The first week I lost 0.4 and the second I gained 0.8. So this week I'm going to measure everything instead of eyeballing. Clearly, what I consider a tablespoon of Irish Cream creamer, is not really what a tablespoon is. Lol, this should be an interesting journey.

So that's what I've been up to in a nutshell. I hope to have things calmer by the weekend so I can start blogging a little more.  Take care.

Love,

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment