Welcome to MargueriteLabbe.com

Online home of award-winning M/M author, Marguerite Labbe.

Here you'll find up to date information on new releases, free reads and much more. Follow any of the links above to learn more and feel free to drop me an email or a comment... I love to hear from readers.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Soundtrack Monday - Make Me Whole


So I’ve been posting pictures related to Make Me Whole for the last couple of weeks and I thought I’d change it up a bit and talk about soundtracks this week. I love music. I find it more inspiring than just about anything else. Certain songs will trigger stories, though that’s not the case here. This story was inspired by a couple of friends and they know who they are. However, it doesn’t mean that I haven’t still found songs that make me think of this story. 

I don’t normally listen to music as I write. Since I do the majority of my writing at work, music is prohibited. And when I’m home my husband or son usually has the TV running. But I love to run the music when I’m plotting. And I do my best plotting when I’m in the middle of doing something else. For instance cleaning the kitchen (bleh) or on a long drive. I’ll pop in the soundtrack and let my thoughts wander.

The interesting thing about the soundtrack for Make Me Whole is that it’s one CD, by one artist, and it’s country. As far as I know, neither Galen nor Nick listen to that much country.  But there’s something about Andy Griggs’ Freedom that makes me think of these two guys all the time, especially “The Road to Lasting Love,” “Always,” “A Hundred Miles of Bad Road,” “I’ve Learned,” “Brand New Something Going On,” and “Where’s A Train.”

So if you get a chance check it out. I think it’s the mix of reflection, heartache and the desire for new starts is what keeps me coming back to this CD again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment