Welcome to MargueriteLabbe.com

Online home of award-winning M/M author, Marguerite Labbe.

Here you'll find up to date information on new releases, free reads and much more. Follow any of the links above to learn more and feel free to drop me an email or a comment... I love to hear from readers.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Six Sentence Sunday - Dark Things


So I started two new stories this week, the first one is a novel tentatively titled Dark Things. I’ve had the idea rattling around my head for awhile, but it was a call from Amber Quill Press for a Gothic Romance that made it finally gel in my mind. These sentences are from the first chapter where Michel-Léon’s valet expresses his concern over Michel-Léon’s duties as a Chevalier de Rouen.

* * * * *

Janvier frowned as he stared at the envelope. “If I may… I never involved myself in your father’s affairs out of both respect and fear. He sought dark things and those things ate his soul raw. I watched him die two deaths and could nothing to stop either.” He looked at Michel-Léon, his blue eyes clouded with age and worry. “I will not lose you the same way, Michel-Léon, not on that same dark path.”

No comments:

Post a Comment