Welcome to MargueriteLabbe.com

Online home of award-winning M/M author, Marguerite Labbe.

Here you'll find up to date information on new releases, free reads and much more. Follow any of the links above to learn more and feel free to drop me an email or a comment... I love to hear from readers.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Turning Ten


So I now have a 10 year old. I’m not one of those women who struggles with her age. I don’t feel like I’m getting old, birthdays don’t send me into tears. The way I figure it, hovering on the edge of 40 just means that I’m really only getting started. I have a lot more havoc to cause.

However, my babies’ ages get to me. When my youngest sister turned 10 I cried, no more single digits for her.  I’m serious, I literally cried.  And this fall she got married. Time passes so fast.  This is a picture of us at the reception, doesn’t she look beautiful?

Well, my son turned 10 on New Year’s Day.  I didn’t cry, but I’ll admit that in the weeks leading up to it I did have a hard time saying 10. I told him that he would be 9+1.  Every time I said it he’d roll his eyes. He finally asked me when I’d say 10 and I said when he turned 13 I’d say he was 10+3.

I love each age. I miss my son as a baby, but I’m pretty damn proud of the young man that’s he’s becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment