Welcome to MargueriteLabbe.com

Online home of award-winning M/M author, Marguerite Labbe.

Here you'll find up to date information on new releases, free reads and much more. Follow any of the links above to learn more and feel free to drop me an email or a comment... I love to hear from readers.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Six Paragraph Sunday - Make Me Whole


Hello everybody, Happy Mother’s Day to all the mother’s out there. We had a nice low key day, my husband made breakfast, my son fetched coffee with me. Then we had two dinners, one with my mom and sisters, then immediately after, with my mother and sister in law. Needless to say I’m stuffed silly, but we all had a good time together.
In honor of Mother’s Day, I’m posting six paragraphs instead of sentences from Make Me Whole. Galen is waiting at the hospital for news of his friend and is desperate need of some comfort from his mother.
I should be getting edits for the museum story soon. I’m looking forward to diving back into their story. 

* * * * *

This time when the door opened he didn’t move. He continued to stare at the magazine, his brain still caught in the same looping thoughts of wishing Nick were here, all mixed in with worry over Suzane, and attempts to think more positive before he had a meltdown. Someone sat down next to him and Galen was enveloped by the scent of a very familiar perfume.
Galen’s eyes stung as he looked over at his mom. She’d always had a knack for showing up whenever one of her kids needed her the most. He didn’t know what instinct led her, but it was dead on. And now she was here with her too curly, graying hair pulled back into a messy bun, with her faded T-shirt, worn sweat pants, and enormous purse stuffed to the point of not being able to snap shut. She must have come straight from the gym, determined to lose the last twenty pounds that she’d been trying to lose for as long as he could remember. He kind of hoped it never happened.
“I picked up Suzane’s son from his class and he’s talking with the head nurse now,” Anna Kanellis said without preamble and pulled out a tin of mints from her purse. She popped two in her mouth and offered him the tin.
“How’d you know I was here?” Galen asked and took a mint for himself.
“I called the museum looking for you and Heather told me what happened. I got a hold of your sister and she’s going over to help.” She fixed him with a stern look over the rim of her glasses. “You take on too much. You need to stop and ask for help sometimes. It really won’t hurt your pride, I swear. Maybe sting it, but you’re a big boy, you can take it.”
Galen scrubbed a hand over his face. Oh God. Heather. He hadn’t even thought about her running the place by herself, especially after the scare she had. He was an idiot. “Thanks, Mom.” He’d have to call and give her an update as soon as he had one.

No comments:

Post a Comment